Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

rambling on about storms

When you are living through a storm
It's better, or easier, if you focus on others who
have lived through worse.

I used to believe that when you are in a mess, you don't really know it until its over.
And maybe that was true then.
At some point, that changed, and I feel the pain when it happens.

Now, when I see a  storm approaching, I try to build a solid wall, to protect myself,
and those I love, from the crashing consequences.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
I had a thought last night,
That maybe the storm crashing, is supposed to happen.
Like the floods, to bring up fertile soil.
Not for me, but for someone else.

We learn how to be strong from exercising our muscles, our faith.
And I'm trying to console myself, to ease my own pain.
Because when I am standing with a warm blanket, ready to wrap it around
a shivering soul,
and the wind blows so hard, the soul ends up in Texas,
and my arms don't reach that far.
I'm left holding the blanket.

And I have to watch the soul tumble and spin and get smaller and smaller
and smaller.

I know the soul will be back someday.
And I will still be holding the blanket.
Because that's what mother's do.

No comments:

Post a Comment