Pages

Friday, June 10, 2016

To Tim 2015


July 7, 2015

To Tim

From Kathy

God got me ready for you.

He let me choose a stormy sea.

So I would relax in the calming shelter of your arms.

He let me choose a rough and rugged ground.

So I would prop my blistered soles and tired toes on your knees.

He let me choose a broken shack,

So I would feel secure beneath the roof of your love.

He let me choose a bitter drink

So I would enjoy the sweet nectar of your tree-ripened fruit.

He let me walk through the dense, dark forest

So I would bathe in the radiant light of your smile.

He let me climb mountain after mountain,

So my legs would hold your head in my lap.

He let my fingers scrub never-ending grime from my life

So I could trace the soft, feather hairs of your head and appreciate the softness on my finger-tips.

He let me choose bondage, and bitterness

So I would understand freedom and forgiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment