Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Money by Kathy T. Camp

I'm sitting at my dining room table, well, I'm actually at my computer now, but I have been at my table. And I'm looking at medical bills, adding them all up. This is something I really hate to do. I don't know why I hate it so much. In the end, this will be a good thing. I do believe that. 


The problem is, I just can't seem to find the right background music to go with this activity. I started with the Beetles, but that made me think of 1969 and walking to school wearing bell-bottom jeans. 


So, I put on some nice piano solo music. Well, I felt like I was in a  lovely coffee shop. So, I had to make a cup of coffee. Luckily, I found some toffee crumbs, intended to put on icecream as a garnishment. Well, I put them in the bottom of my coffee cup and poured in the fresh coffee. Then, a crises hit. I AM OUT OF MILK! 


How can a coffee shop run out of milk? I scanned my fridge for an alternative. I did find some vanilla yogurt and frankly, I was about to try it when I spotted whipped cream. YES! That is definately coffee shop-esque. When I lifted the lid though, my body almost convulsed in horror, teenie-tiny black dots, maybe 5 or 6, were on the surface of the white fluff that HAD to go in my coffee. 


This container of whipped cream is not the average size. Let me tell you that I had plans to make a 'millionarie pie' a couple of weeks ago. It called for Large quantities of whipped cream, so I got the BIGGIE size. Obviously, I didn't make the pie because the container is still in my fridge--sadly--beginning to grow black dots. Well, I decided that 5 or 6 black spots were not going to kill my coffee-shop experience. Large spoon to the rescue! I scooped out the entire top layer of that whipped cream. Into the trash it went. 


I'm proud to say that my coffee looks fabulous now. The bills, well, um, I'm trying a different type of theme music now. Josh Groban. It worked for about 10 minutes. But then, some really melodic song came on that compelled me to write this little story here. So, obviously, this is not the right music for organizing bills, but it is motivating me to write. If you have any suggestions, please post them. I'd love your input. Basically, when it comes to numbers, I run away...to my coffee...and Josh Groban's sweet voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment