Pages

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Response to EB Browning Sonnet XXVI

Fractured family
The empty spot, where the man should be, would be, could be
Is like a home hit by a bolt of lightening
A wall missing leaving the home open
On one side
Vulnerable to wind, rain, sheets of ice
For years, I imagined a new wall, covering the home
The material would be solid and strong
Or would it be pink with flowers and fancy decorations
Or simply a sheer screen, veiling us from the harsh world
But thin enough to see the beauty on the other side
Maybe just a series of windows, from floor to ceiling, no drapes
Just an avenue of sunlight to drape my inner world
Then, a moment came, when I forgot the open wall was there
And walked outside
And stood in the rain, felt the ice on my feet, and the winds rush through my hair

And realized the gift of the open wall took me directly towards my dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment