Pages

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

I think I'm in love with Frida Kahlo

I think I’m in love with Frida Kahlo.
Everytime I see her face, whether a photo or a beautiful broken self-portrait,
I feel my heart lunge outwards.
Like it’s trying to reach her.


This woman, so broken physically, yet so immensely spiritually whole.
Colored her pain, her despair
She broke through the brokeness
Like reaching through a solid wall with her bare hand

She danced so close to death, on a daily basis
Yet did not retreat into a shell
Or the depths of depression
Her drive pulls me to her


I want to brush her hair
And weave beautiful ribbons in her braids
I want to walk to the market and find brilliant flowers
To dress up her up-do
I want to iron her dresses
And shine her shoes
Because I find her to be the freeest woman I’ve ever known.

And a free woman is a beauty unlike any other

No comments:

Post a Comment