Pages

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

One Direction

We sit in front of the computer. Sharing a single chair.
The wood stove heats the room.
"You have to see this video."
I know that it will be something cute. How could it not be? 
Five young men, well-dressed, slim, 
pretty faces,
smooth voices.

Snapshots hanging on a clothesline
Row after row of them
Close up's of little boys
Playing with toys
Sitting in their mother's laps
Eating in high chairs
Having messy faces
Laughing with their sisters

These are just like
the photos hanging on my walls.
That I need to take down,
Because the reminder 
of what is no longer here,
Is too painful 
to Look at 
Every
Single
Day.

Tears streaming
With no concern for who is watching
"Mama, you are crying?"
"Yes, I am."
She places her delicate fingers on my cheek.
"That photo looks like Lilly and Zebbie."

I know they have missed each other.
How could they not?
People thought they were twins.
They are, in a way.

Separation of twins is never a good thing.
My heart has been torn for them.

They have been reunited.
So my tears are of joy.
Knowing that even though they claim
that they can't stand each other.
Deep inside
They are glad to be
Together
Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment