Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Today

Today I am content to drink my coffee, listen to Pandora Music, and write.
Today I am enjoying the fact that I have a pile of wood on my garage and that I can make a huge fire in my wood stove that will keep me warm all day.
Today, I am grateful that all my children are in good health.
Today I am appreciating that I can think about my life, review the good and the bad, and realize that it all brought me to right here, which is exactly where I am supposed to be.
Today I am glad that I can tell people about things that I used to be ashamed of, and I understand that some things are not my fault.
Today I see why I love Rhianna so much. Although she is from a different world, we are sisters in a club that I didn't ask to be a member of.
Today I am realizing that it is my job to keep talking, keep walking, keep writing, keep sharing because God gave me a voice and a passion.
Today I write because I need to and want to and because I want to heal. Writing is the salve that closes my wounds.
When the words hit the page, the knitting begins.
Today new skin begins to grow and I feel like taking a walk outside because the soft wind won't hurt anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment