Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Moving On

Letting go of 'what could have been'
by accepting that it was supposed to be
exactly the way it was
Created a space in me
for something new

Instead of fighting a battle with my memories
and grieving over
lost wishes and dreams,
Ones that I thought were dead forever,
I place myself in a new world
finding a purpose in the pain.

Letting go of people, no longer wishing they
were different than they are,
and seeing that my purpose is
to simply embrace the unembraceable.
Because when I wrap my arms around it,
I begin to see how this was meant to be.

I see my own imperfections.
And feel a sense of relief in knowing
that I don't have to have all the answers.
I just have to do what is right.
Even if no one else agrees with me.
Sleeping, all night, without a moment of
worry, is about the most precious gift
I have been given.

My children are not my own.
They are simply on loan, for a little while.
I pour all I can into them, then I must let go.

My ship is going somewhere new. I stop at
different ports.
What I thought was a ghosttown is lively
and rich with people and food and culture
I immerse myself in the life and bathe in the
wonderful springs, instead of wasting time
wishing it had all happened sooner.

Now is good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment