Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

It's All Okay

The fight is over.
I accept it all.
Everything.
I sigh and my eyelids feel like weights are pulling them down.
Down, down, down.
I melt into the truth
That I wanted it to be different.
I wanted him to be different.
Different from what he was, or what I thought he was.
I let go of the dream.
And what remains is a few solid
moments of joy.
The pain floats down the stream.
I wave good-bye to the anger,
the bitterness.
We did the best we could.
And now I must hold on to the truth.
The truth of who we both are.
Just human beings, living
on this planet.
Born with little more than a
few instincts to preserve ourselves.
To run, and eat and sleep
and occassionally laugh and weep.
I've wept and slept.
Now it's time to laugh.
and open the door to a new life.
I run through the door, with arms stretched
out wide towards the sun and the big oak tree
because it's all okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment