Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Jump into the Fear, July 17th, 2010


The blonde turned
Gray
The pink cheeks turned
Red
From the sun
The slim fingers
Now thick and strong
From years working
To take care of you
And your family

The eyelids look a little weary
But when those blue eyes
Filled with tears
The morning we said good-bye
I saw the twinkle of the twenty-one year old
Loving me
And Holding me
And telling me
That you felt something true
And scary
And we both didn’t understand
What it was
Till now

You tell me that
Its not too late
And I want to believe you
And sometimes I do
But I can’t help wondering
If something is keeping you on the line
Something that you won’t tell me
Something that you won’t tell anyone

Freedom came for me
But I had to pay a price
I had to jump into the fear
Of losing everything
That I held dear

Now, I see that I have all I need
And my fear of imaginary monsters
Melted away a little at a time

I will sit on my porch
And listen for your truck
And when you get here
I will be holding my
Arms open Wide
And I will hold you
And Cry.

And the fear
Will melt away
When we are in
Each others arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment