Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Call To The Moon

Call to the Moon July 17, 2010
 To love you
I have to let you
Go

To show you
that I need you
I have to walk away
And let you find your way

I know it won’t be easy
But I’ve done some hard things
And I’m not scared anymore

When the best thing I can do
For you
Is watch the sunset
And hope you are watching too
Or call to the moon
And pray that you are looking
The same way too
Then I hope I can
Be strong
And let you go

In the space between us
My arms are reaching
I can’t count the times
Each day I stop and stare
Wondering what you are doing
Or if you are thinking
What I’m thinking

I’m hurting to hold you
I’m crying to see you
But what I can’t give you
I just store away
And pray Oh God,
Bring him home to me.

You know my love
Lives on and on
And being apart
Only brings me closer
To you
Because I see you in every flower
And every sunset
Every creek
And every dirt road.

No comments:

Post a Comment