Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Real Love Will Come My Way

Real Love Will Come My Way

By Kathy Camp

December 9, 2009

There was something that I needed when you walked into my life

There were heavy loads to carry

And hearts that needed to heal

There were tears not yet finished running

Someone to wipe them away

I was scared and wondered if I should let you in

It was warm outside, the icecream tasted good

I shook when you touched my neck

I needed you to wait, but you said you didn’t think you could

So I jumped off the cliff

And let myself drift down

I rode the magic carpet

Let myself float all around

I felt love from me- going straight to you

Like I’d never felt before

You threw baseballs to my little boy

All I wanted was to love you more

Then something changed, something cracked it seems

The love you had turned into pain

For a while I thought I’d imagined it all

Your loving touch disappeared into rain

What happened to the man I loved?

What happened to our dreams?

Where did you go and why’d you leave?

I still need to know

I’m sitting here knowing that I

Can never trust you again.

But the memories, are soothing me

To a great degree, letting me know that love goes on

One day, I’ve been told,

Real love will come my way

Someone who gives me all they have

While I give myself away

We’ll pray on our knees, We’ll sit on the porch

We’ll watch the sunset while we ride our horse

Cause true love came to see me before

That’s how I know one day, I’ll have more

No comments:

Post a Comment